Under the guidance of the Department of Education we have developed COVID-19 procedures to ensure that we are meeting pandemic requirements. For anyone entering Byron Bay Preschool premises, please remember to:
- Hand sanitise or wash your hands for 20 seconds at the nearest sink.
- You are welcome to come in with your child, but you must ensure to maintain 1.5 metres distance from all adults.
- If you and your child are happy for you to stay at the door, an educator will meet you there to collect your child.
- If possible, please use the XPlor app with the QR code to minimise cross infection via surfaces.
- Please remember that during the Pandemic children with any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be able to attend, no matter how mild.
- A friendly reminder that if you have given your child Panadol in the 12 hours before preschool starts, you will need to keep them home.
Staff procedures to ensure your child’s safety:
In response to the Pandemic the staff at Byron Bay Preschool have committed to:
- Hand sanitise on entry and regularly wash hands during the day
- Wipe all high use surfaces down regularly
- Stay away if they are unwell or have any COVID symptoms
Please note that staff are required to send children home if they observe any symptoms (including mild symptoms) of COVID-19. This is a requirement in line with the requirements from the Department of Education.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- fever (37.5 ° or higher)
- sore throat
- shortness of breath (difficulty breathing)
- runny nose
- loss of taste
- loss of smell.
Other reported symptoms include:
- acute blocked nose (congestion)
- muscle pain
- joint pain
- loss of appetite.
People who should get tested
- If you have a fever (37.5° or higher), cough, sore or scratchy throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, or loss of taste or smell, you should get tested for COVID-19, even if your symptoms are mild.
- It is important to maintain high testing rates to identify as many cases in the community as quickly as possible.